I have always wanted to learn how to make nice looking cakes. I have been practicing and practicing and practicing. For Darin's birthday I made him a few cakes. The chocolate cherry cake, this chocolate raspberry cake and a blackout chocolate cake that I forgot to get a picture of. Really, the key ingredient to a great cake is LOTS of patience. Slowly I am building mine-in the meantime, my family loves to consume all of the mistakes!

During our last week of sickness, I spent some of the time sewing the quilt I am making for Bridger's baptism. (Yes, I know I am really early, but I wasn't sure how long it would take) I let him pick out all of the fabric and decided to make him a rag quilt. After looking up directions on the internet and consulting with the fabric queens that work at the fabric store-I came home with lots of interesting patterned flannel fabric.

Much thanks to Crystal for all of her help cutting out all of the squares-all 240-of them and giving me the pro tips to make it so that I could actually complete this project.

Just another view of my very first quilt ever!

Bridger wanted me to include what it looked like before it was sewn, washed and ragged so at the risk of repetition-here are a few more pictures, you know it is times like these that I wish they gave out mom merit badges-:) Anywho-if any of you have more great beginner projects please send them this way!

Now to the closet until August!
5 comments:
I think your cakes look wonderful! I wish I was as good as you!!! And- Congrats on your first quilt. If you hadn't been sick it could have taken until August, so good for you to be done ahead and not freaking out the night before trying to get it done. (that would be me)
Yummy cakes-ever make any non-chocolate ones? :)
LOVE THE QUILT, I would've helped!
Fabulous job on the quilt! Amazing! And your cakes look delicious! You are an amazing woman of talent
YUM!! Chocolate is the BEST!! You are so talented, Jen!! And that quilt..WOW!! What a beauty from a Beauty!! I love ya!
Post a Comment