Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished...

So, we had an absolutely amazing 3 weeks off school. I wanted to celebrate Bridger's first day back, so I decided to opt for breakfast in bed. I woke up extra early, made Bridger's favorite breakfast, hash browns with chicken sausage, clementine and hot chocolate to boot. Reached up to the tallest shelf in the pantry and commenced operation surprise...and what a surprise it was. There was a number 10 can of cornstarch resting on the side of the breakfast in bed tray and when I pulled...well let's just say that there was an indoor snow flurry Mark Eubank would have been proud of. The funny thing about cornstarch is, well it just isn't easy to get off. I grabbed for the broom only to find that the broom was soaking in the cornstarch and so everywhere I tried to sweep it only became messier. Then I decided to try to keep my sense of humor in tact and grabbed for my camera, only to get the error 99, at which point I remembered it was broken, and let's just say that it didn't add to any sort of good feeling. Bridger then woke up and came out and said, "Oh man, you made a huge mess, you had better clean that up before dad sees." Man, do I have my kids trained or what. I then went on a wild goose hunt looking for the shop vac. After about 20 minutes, I found it and it did an amazing job. I think it was good for the kids to see me make an absolute mess. It helps them remember that even grown-ups have accidents even bigger than the occasional drink spill at dinner. I just kept singing one of my favorite song from Wicked, "No good deed goes unpunished, no act of charity goes unresented..." Let's just say Tuesday was amazing...I slept in!

1 comment:

Josh and Dallas said...

WOW! What a way to start off your week! I need to remember to just laugh about it too. Sorry your plan didn't go as you wanted, but what a way to look on the bright side! :) That's one of the reasons we love you Jen!