Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A few stones short of a gal bladder...

Yes, yes, I have now joined the millions of people out there that are missing a gal bladder.  I guess you have to love what pregnancy can and does do to your body.  About 4 weeks ago I started having horrible pains that would originate high in my abdomen and end up in my back.  I tried everything that I could to rid myself of the pain and the first few times I was successful.  The pain abated typically after two days.  This last time, it did not. I started having pain on Friday, fast forward to Sunday and the pain was still there.  I went to insta-care, had some tests taken and went home.  When my appointment for the ultrasound fell through on Monday I knew I was in trouble.  We ended up in the emergency room.  From there I went to the surgical floor where I awaited surgery.  I had the surgery Tuesday and came home today.  Again, I am so thankful for family and friends that stepped in and took care of everything for us.  Darin has been a real trooper stepping up for both of us.  I am so blessed, and so happy that I won't have to have another gal stone again!

1 comment:

NikkiAWardell said...

What in the world??? I hope you are feeling better!! I'm sorry you had to go through that as I hear they are excruciatingly painful. Your little Grifin is adorable!