Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lesson Learned...I Hope ;-)

After all of the my ranting yesterday, we came home from shopping and both of my kids helped us get our raised beds into place, move bricks and just overall do some good old fashioned hard work. When we were working together as a family, I had a vivid recollection of an event that I was lucky enough to overhear...
Picture this-Saturday, Bridger and 5 of the neighborhood boys out on our playground.
Bridger: (with a not so innocent look on his faceface) "Who likes girls-raise your hands!" (No hands raise, except for Bridger's hand he raises behind his back where his too cool for girls friends can't see.)
Bridger: "Who loves their mom?"
I stood anxiously wondering if his little hand would raise-To my surprise all 5 of the tough, too cool for girls boys hands went in the air. Then, Bridger blew me away by saying-"I bet you guys -all love your moms, but my mom, my mom is really the best!"
Heart warmed-smile returned-love sent--who can ask for more?

4 comments:

Jen said...

We didn't make it to tia pan but when I do will let you know! Being a mom is never ending but those little moments make it all worth it!

Anonymous said...

one of those memories you will lock inside your heart forever, Jen... believe me... :-) I still remember Josh bringing me dandelions and telling me I was his best mom. :-)I think he was four... :-)

loveourboys said...

Such a sweetheart! Thanks for the gel, I am forgetful and you saved me!!! Hope your having fun!

Josh and Dallas said...

*tear* Jen that was so sweet! Look at your sweet boy! Thanks for sharing. That right there-it's why we all do what we do! The reward far outweighs the chores.

Loves!