Friday, January 23, 2009

And so it goes...

At times it seems as if I live the same day over and over. I get up clean, feed kids, clean, teach kids, feed kids, clean, teach, feed husband and kids, teach, clean and go to bed only to get up and do it all over again the next day.
Other times, I feel like I wish the moment that I am in will last forever. I want to freeze time and stop it from slipping so quickly through my fingers. I want to hold my children and never let go. I want to stay.

I want to remember. Remember what it was like when you got into your brother's or sister's things and your mom or dad just let you play with them and then didn't tell on you. Remember the smiles, smells, tastes of times gone.

Then, before I know it night comes and the house grows still. I sneak a peak to see how sweet my children are when they are sleeping. I look around and see the fruit of all my labors when at last I can stop cleaning and the house simply stays as it is. I see the peace and safety my kids feel in a home we have labored at creating for them. I feel the love settle.



I re-focus and energize, preparing for the inevitability of the new day. Hoping that I will somehow find in myself the ability to be a little bit better, love a little bit more, give all that I can and not hold anything back. And so it goes...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

You have such an awesome way of putting the word onto the page. I so enjoy reading your blog entries! Stay sweet, my darlin' niece!! :-)

Love you!

loveourboys said...

Oh Jen, that is the sweetest post, it should be a book!! Love ya- Stacey

Josh and Dallas said...

I loved this post. What beautiful words to share about life. Thanks for the uplifting post!

Love ya,
Dallas