
So, I have had a lot of nervous energy lately. Saturday was a long day. We decided to run to Chuck-E-Cheese with the kids and get out of the house. After that, I wanted to run to the fabric store. You have to know me to know how really bizarre that is. I decided to get a sewing machine and wanted to make my boys some manly aprons. The ones you find everywhere are really girly. So I went inside the fabric store and stood awestruck. I didn't have the faintest clue what I was doing, but didn't want to look obvious around so many pro sewers, so I meandered until I found fabric that I wanted. I had no clue how much to buy so I opted for 3 1/2 yards, some brown stuff (don't even know what they call it) to go around the neck and to tie behind their backs. I came home and started to cut and sew and guess. I think I did a decent job and you can see the finished aprons in the pictures above. I had oodles of fabric left over, so Darin got one also, probably not his favorite, but one nonetheless. The boys aren't overly thrilled with aprons, but I am because they won't wear the others we have so at least they will stay tidy when they help cook. I would say aprons are a great beginning project for anyone wanted to learn to sew-give it a whirl.

4 comments:
nervous about what. and what a fun project. I really enjoy sewing. I am not a pro, but it is relaxing.
You must be an imposter!!!! What have you done with the Jen Yeager I know??!!?? Sewing!!???? Very impressive however. They are fun looking, masculine, and I'm sure your guys love them...even Darin!!
"Sew" cute! :) Ok, here is a website for you! www.youcanmakethis.com -It's great and full of ideas for you to sew! When should I call my neighbor and make that quilt? I had fun tonight! Love ya! Stace
I'm sooooooooooo proud of you, Jen!! Believe it or not, that's how I started sewing!! I taught myself...from scratch... it is very fun!! I remember making all kinds of outfits for the kids!! You will love it!! :-)
Post a Comment